By Ts. Dr. Wong Jee Keen Raymond (TARUC)
The 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEIS) Malaysia Chapter was successfully held on 25 January 2021, virtually. The meeting was attended by active members of IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter and chaired by Chapter Chair Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohamad Kamarol Mohamad Jamil.
The meeting began with an opening remark by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kamarol, followed by the endorsement of the 2020 AGM minutes and the presentation of the chapter’s activities and account matters. Prior to the dissolution of the 2020 committee, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kamarol thanked all the committee members and DEIS members for their voluntary and co-operative effort to ensure the success of DEIS Malaysia Chapter.
The meeting continued with the election of the 2021 committee members of DEIS Malaysia Chapter, summarised as follows:
· Ir. Dr. Nor Asiah Muhamad (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
· Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Mohamad Kamarol Mohamad Jamil (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
· Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Hazlee Azil Illias (University of Malaya)
· Ts. Dr. Wong Jee Keen Raymond (Tunku Abdul Rahman University College)
· Dr. Amir Izzani Mohamed (Universiti Malaysia Pahang)
· Dr. Wooi Chin Leong (Universiti Malaysia Perlis)
· Dr. Zulkarnain Bin Ahmad Noorden (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
· Ts. Dr. Mohd Shahril Ahmad Khiar (Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka)
· Assoc. Prof. Dr. Norhafiz Azis (Universiti Putra Malaysia)
The new Chapter Chair, Ir. Dr. Nor Asiah Muhamad, later delivered her welcoming speech to the new committee line-up and made a brief planning for the activities in 2021. Dr. Asiah is hopeful that DEIS Malaysia Chapter will continue to contribute actively in the field of dielectrics and electrical insulation and looking forward to lead the DEIS Malaysia Chapter to a greater height.