Welcome to the IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEIS) Malaysia Chapter official website!
Introduction to IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter
IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter was successfully established in May 2015. To date, this society has more than 30 members, who involve actively in the society. The members consist of professionals from public and private academic institutions and industries in Malaysia. IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter’s establishment stems from the need of the dielectrics community in Malaysia to enhance networking and stimulate research and development in the field of dielectrics and electrical insulation.
The objectives of IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter are:
- To promote close cooperation and exchange of technical information among its members in Malaysia and international
- To stimulate research and teaching in the field of dielectrics and electrical insulation in Malaysia
- To hold meetings, colloquiums and symposiums for paper presentation and their discussion
- To increase the number of paper publications in dielectrics and electrical insulation from Malaysia
Field of interests
The field of interests of this society include study and application of dielectrics in terms of molecular structure, phenomena and behaviour, nanomaterials and insulation systems for educational, industrial, commercial and power system equipment. The development, characterisation and application of gaseous, liquid and solid electrical insulation materials and systems utilized in electrical and electronic equipment are also within our interest.
Benefits of becoming a DEIS member
- You will remain technically current
- Free online access to the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (TDEI)
- Free copies of the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine issues
- Networking in the profession and enhance your recognition
- Enhance your career opportunities
- Receive discount for registration fees at all IEEE conferences
- Receive additional discounts at DEIS sponsored conferences
- Fellowships for graduate students
- Student awards and student travel grants provided by DEIS sponsored conferences
How to become a DEIS member?
- Become an IEEE member first. To join IEEE, please visit http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/join/index.html
- To add DEIS to your IEEE membership, please visit http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/societies/DEI032.html. The annual cost of DEIS membership is $13.00 for students and $26.00 for other members.
For more information on joining IEEE DEIS, please visit http://www.ieeedeis.org/join-deis/
For more information on IEEE DEIS, please visit http://www.ieeedeis.org/.
Click here to download IEEE DEIS Malaysia Chapter bunting.
See our upcoming events here: http://deis.ieeemy.org/upcoming-activities/